Diabetes Treatment: Then and Now
- Discuss the historical perspective on the reversibility of type 2 diabetes
- Explain the 10 stages of high blood sugar
- Define “diabetes reversal” as determined by the American Diabetes Association
- Interpret reports indicating very low diabetes reversal rates in population-based studies
- Describe how reversing insulin resistance promotes the reversal of type 2 diabetes.
MODULE 1B TASK
REFLECTIVE JOURNAL WRITING
Research revealed that intensive lifestyle interventions could produce remission of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes with similar success to bariatric surgery, but with substantially fewer untoward side effects. What could be the limiting factor in implementing intensive lifestyle intervention in both pre-clinical education and clinical practice? With the given limitations, what potential strategies can be proposed to address the gap.
Note: Your journal should reflect the questions asked above. Use APA 7th edition format (2500-3000 words including references).
What particular topic you are most interested about in this module? Make a brief discussion on why do you think that topic is important in this subject (use the comment section below). Pick one of comments posted that you are interested about and make a brief discussion on your thoughts about his/her inputs.
1. Observations on the significance of the cholesterol content of the blood plasma in diabetes mellitus
2. Effects of the high carbohydrate-low calorie diet upon carbohydrate tolerance in diabetes mellitus
4. Contribution of the Nurses’ Health Studies to Uncovering Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes: Diet, Lifestyle, Biomarkers, and Genetics