Understanding Insulin Resistance and Underlying determinants and modifiable factors
- Discuss the etiology of insulin resistance in prediabetes and type 2 diabetes
- Discuss the metabolic disturbances in prediabetes and type 2 diabetes
- Describe patient's disease progression along the continuum of type 2 diabetes development
- Discuss the diagnosis of insulin resistance in muscle, adipose tissue, and liver
- Discuss the measurement of Beta cell function
Search at least five (5) literatures you can review and cite for a topic on "Diagnosis of insulin resistance in muscle, adipose tissue, and liver" and create your reflective journal.
Note: Use APA 7th edition format (2500-3000 words including references).
Create infographics that you can use to discuss the simplified pathophysiology of Insulin resistance and DM Type 2. Record your short discussion using your infographics as if you are conversing with your patient. Send the video link using the task submission button below.
What particular topic you are most interested about in this module? Make a brief discussion on why do you think that topic is important in this subject (use the comment section below). Pick one of comments posted that you are interested about and make a brief discussion on your thoughts about his/her inputs.